Saturday, May 30, 2009

I AM the mill!

So... I bought my own wheat grinder over a year ago, soon after my heart surgery, and put it in the pantry and forgot about it. (silly me!) My MIL (Mom-in-law) makes the best wheat bread ever...so I decided to pull it out and give it a try!

After reading my instructions, opening a new can of wheat I have never used, putting it together, I then loaded it up and pushed the button!

Oh boy! I felt like Tim Allen on Home Improvements!! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! The power!! What a rush! I felt more like my grandma would be proud of me than ever before!
Grandma ALWAYS had fresh wheat ground for bread or cracked wheat cereal w/ honey (YUM!) I even got a lump in my throat as I thought back on her... and on her having me "watch the wheat" :).
I would post pictures of my bread... but that is one disaster not worth remembering. *blush* I will do my "first batch of bread without a breadmachine" again later in the week! ;) ha ha

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero! Seriously, I love that you are learning so many new (old) things!

    ReplyDelete