Friday, May 1, 2009

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap


Here is a photo of what you will need... (I dont have one of the White King Water Softener, I have a water softener so I dont use it ;) )

1 cup grated Fels Naptha (found it at Macey's for $1 a bar - have also used homemade soap found at Cracker Barrel - though this stuff cleans the best)
1/2 cup washing soda (found in the laundry isle at Macey's too)
1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup White King Water Softener (needed if you don't have a water softener)

In a clean 5 gallon bucket: add 6 cups of boiling water to the grated Fels Naptha and mix until the soap is all melted. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Add 26 more cups of cold water to reach a total of 2 gallons of water. Mix well and let cool and gel for 24 hours before using. The mixture will have the consistency of egg noodle soup, just mix a little before each use.
USE:
1/2 cup per full load of laundry

I also put distilled white vinegar in my fabric softener cup for each load. It works well as a fabric softener and you cannot smell the vinegar when your clothes are clean!

3 comments:

  1. This looks easy enough -- if I can find the stuff -- I'll have to try it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the "three blogs" club! It's a lot to keep up with but fun! I am looking forward to gaining new tips and recipes on this one!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both you and a college friend of mine posted these around the same time. It sounds so simple & the rave reviews you two give make me want to try it! So simple & inexpensive & self-reliant!!!

    ReplyDelete