Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recycle and Make it new!

This little piece of furniture was listed on Freecycle.com... headed to the junk yard if no one wanted it. I brought it home and got to work!
I wish I had remembered to take a before photo! This is a mid-way photo. It was really dinged up and drawn all over. I took some wood putty and filled all the holes and sanded it smooth. I taped off the inside that was beat up and trashed and spray painted it white.

This must have been a highschool woodshop project because it had a name and room number written on it. We had to re-allign the doors and drawers, but it wasn't too hard to do. I decided to paint it a shiny black. It didn't look as nice as I had hoped and so I began to sand the shine off to add a flat to it when I realized it looked AWESOME! I left the sanded edges look - you could see some of the burgandy stain on the corners and such! After about 6 hours of effort - and a few more waiting for paint to dry... we added some new hardware and...

TA DA!!! I LOVE IT!
One man's trash is another man's treasure - after some effort and a little love! ;)
TOTAL COST:
Stand - Free
Paint - Free (leftovers in the garage)
Sandpaper - Free (ditto)
Hardward - $10
New TV Stand that hides the games, remotes etc? PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment